FORCED SHOWDOWN is like the rebellious son who looks at his father, successful but not to his liking, and decides to be everything but him. I had to stifle a laugh whenever I saw someone hopeful that FORCED’s sequel (spiritual or direct, you call it) would be a similar, co-op puzzle game – instead, what did they get? An action-rpg that’s a MOBA with deckbuilding elements and hey, why not rogue too, with pets, of course. It also has DLC coming out on the 31st.
It features a new character, Settsu, several new cards and a shiny new environment to play in. Have a trailer:
If you want the full details, here’s what was listed on the press release:
- Settsu is a former soldier joining the Showdown roster in a powerful mech suit. The suit is equipped with a Jetpack and a Pulse Rifle that uses a new ammo mechanic.
- 22 game-changing cards have been added, including ones with the new keyword Dismantle.
- Battle in the great unknown of outer space with a brand-new Drone environment.
- The Mentor’s Maze Show is a brand new way to play Forced Showdown.
- R3-KT is a powerful new Boss in the Mentor’s Maze that will challenge even the most skilled contestants.
- 10 Drone enemies each with their own unique attacks and abilities.
- 10 Boss Cards added. The titans of the show have grown a little…weirder.
- 10 Modifiers will spice things up and give you new tricks and treats.
- 18 Quests to complete in the Mentor’s Maze.
- …and more!